EST8260 - build/boot?

Allen Curtis acurtis at onz.com
Thu May 30 13:45:00 EST 2002

I am trying to upgrade our kernel to the latest development version. Our
original implementation was made using HHL 2.0, based on the EST8260
platform. Some of the 860/8260 implementations allow the BIOS to pass a
bd_info structure but this appears to be broken in the latest source.

1. Our original source had a head_8260.S, the current implementation uses
simple/head.S
  a. boot/prep/head.S is similar to the original source
2. head.S and embed_config.c contain conditional compiles for handling the
bd_info structure. It appears that this code only works if you have an
860/MBX board.

Proposed solution:
if [ "$CONFIG_MBX" = "y" -o "$CONFIG_RPX6" = "y" ]; then
  define_bool CONFIG_BOOT_BDINFO y
fi
if [ "$CONFIG_EMBEDDEDBOOT" = "y" ]; then
  bool 'BIOS passes bd_info structure' CONFIG_BOOT_BDINFO
fi

Modify the appropriate source files or course.....

Comments?