Problem with MPC8260ADS ethernet sending

Arun Dharankar ADharankar at ATTBI.Com
Wed May 22 10:54:18 EST 2002

Greetings!

We have the problem solved by setting the full duplex bit in the
FPSMR, although I dont understand how this works. We have a
Linksys workgroup enet hub connected, and as I understand
the link should be half duplex - and should have worked ok
with the default configuration.

Anyway, the problem showed up with the same symptoms as I
described earlier - only 162 bytes of enet IP payload (total of
204 bytes) were transmitted ok in the half duplex mode, and
anything larger than that size just did not make it out.

It would be interesting to know why of the above, although this
solves the problem for me now.

Many thanks to those who responded!

Best regards,
-Arun.