Problem setting breakpoints with BDI2000

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed May 22 01:42:02 EST 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 12:38:01PM +1000, Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I have BDI2000 with software version v1.11
> I have problems setting a breakpoint. I am trying to set a breakpoint in the
> start_kernel() function to debug misbehaving kernel.
> So, at command line I type:
> bi 0xXXXXXXXX, where 0xXXXXXXXX is address of start_kernel out of map file.
> BDI does not stop there, it passes this breakpoint. IO tried it with HARD
> and SOFT breakpoints.

What order did you do it in?  That's important.  You need to 'halt',
'load', 'bi 0xabcdef12', 'go'

If you use hard breakpoints, make sure to do a 'ci' and then 'break
soft' either just before attaching with GDB or after attaching but
before you do anything else.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/