Sandpoint eval kit

Hinkle, Mark MHinkle at dc.fti-net.com
Wed Mar 27 09:02:01 EST 2002

I'm considering purchasing a Sandpoint X3 evaluation system for an embedded
project I'm working on.  The specific package I'm looking at is the
PPCEVALSP3745 [1].  What success/problems have people had with this board?

It's going to need a few megs of ROM but the specs I've seen don't mention
any kind of ROM.  I figure I can get away with using a hard drive connected
to it because speed at this point is not _that_ much of an issue.

Are there any issues with executing an application that is being stored on
the drive rather than in ROM?  How about then accessing other information
that is stored on the drive?

[1] -
http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=PPCEVALSP374
5&nodeId=01M964472741978#

Mark Hinkle
Software Engineer, Frontier Technologies
mhinkle at fti-net.com
(703) 671-0508 x31