Development tools version

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Fri Mar 1 01:24:35 EST 2002

Laurent,

We're also use the MPC860.  For the tools we use CDK 2.0 from Montavista, and we've had no problems
with this.  To install CDK 2.0 for the 860 do this:

 > cd /mnt/cdrom/bin
 > ./hhl-host-install
  ... and then select "embeddedplanet-rpxlite" for the board

This provides you with:

i) libraries
ii) a root filesystem for NFS mounting your target
iii) standard tools ppc_8xx-gcc, ppc_8xx-ld, etc.

After this installation all you need to do to compile a linuxppc kernel is change CROSS_COMPILE to
ppc_8xx- in the top level Makefile.

Alex