Can I run linux without a file system?

David Blythe blythe at broadon.com
Sat Jun 22 14:52:41 EST 2002

use uclibc and busybox.  it is pretty straightforward to get a root file
system smaller than 1M with lots of useful stuff, either with or without
shared libraries (shared uclibc is < 300K including ld.so on my ppc
system, busybox is 200K including ash,mv,cp,ls,...).  The downside is
you have to build all of the stuff yourself, but if you want to optimize
for space, sooner or later you'll end up building it all yourself.

	david