board specific defines in commproc.h !?!?

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Thu Jun 20 09:26:12 EST 2002

I'm going to regret getting involved in this, but here it goes.

In my opinion...

New support/structural changes/etc... belong in the Development kernel.
At some point I do belive that "some" of these changes should be
eligable to be back ported and included in the stable kernel after
they are proven.

Anybody can write/maintain/distribute a patch to any kernel they want,
It just won't get included in a stable tree until the above is met and
agreed to by some form of concensus. Deadlocks should be settled by
Doom Deathmatches, Russian rollete, or whatever.

What ever our policy evolves into I think it needs to be Documented
and posted someplace. We may need to talk to other processor trees and
Linus so we can get this thing settled once and for all.

Conn

  If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
 (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com