board specific defines in commproc.h !?!?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 20 08:15:27 EST 2002

Dan,

in message <3D10F388.5 at embeddededge.com> you wrote:

> The 2.4 source base is no longer supposed to be a development base.
> kernel is what it is, like it or not.  If you want something new and different,
> it belongs in the 2.5 tree to show up at some point in the future.

So what is your suggestion if I want to provide a patch that supports
some new hardware?

Obviously I want to get it added to a stable tree, so we can  use  it
in  a real project. And often enough the hardware is instable enough,
so I don't need the additional thrill of an instable Linux kernel.

I understand that 2.4 should get stable, but  there  is  a  huge  gap
between  2.4  and 2.5, so neither fits - well, actually 2.4 fits _my_
requirements.

What do you recommend to do?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things  in  common:
they explain the observed facts, and they are completeley and utterly
wrong.                       - Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantastic_