set_multicast_list function of ppc enet driver

Ludszuweit, Axel Axel.Ludszuweit at datentechnik.com
Wed Jun 19 20:42:31 EST 2002

Hello,

I have a question about the powerquicc ethernet
drivers, especcially to the set_multicast_list
routine.
In this routine, only one multicast address
is used, to evaluate the appropriate hash value.
I dont know, how the dmi structure works, but I have
took a look to other drivers.
In my opinion, dev->dmi is the start point
of dev->mc_count chained dmi structures,
which contains all multicast addresses.
I have attached a patch of the 8260 version of
enet.c, which will take this in account.
I dont have tested the patch.
Have someone experience with the multicast feature
and can give me some feedback?

Thanks

Datentechnik Intercom GmbH
Axel Ludszuweit