consistent_alloc from an interrupt context

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Jun 13 15:06:14 EST 2002

Eugene Surovegin wrote:

> I thought of it, but is it OK to modify arch-independent code with such
> a hack?

It's OK in your own code, I probably still have some around that looks
like that :-)

> Maybe this is the reason it never was accepted.

I'll have to search for the messages where this was discussed and see what
happened.  I know it wasn't discussed on the PowerPC lists, it was on some
other processor I was using.  I was just able to make the same changes and
test it on 8xx as well.

> Though, it's obviously much simpler than solution I used :)

Hey, whatever works......it's a hacker's world :-)

	-- Dan