Linux Kernel 2.4.18 on IBM 405GP Walnut

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Jun 13 07:17:48 EST 2002

>>>>> "EricW" == Eric Forslin <eric.forslin at ekit.com> writes:

    EricW> Has anyone had any success building version 2.4.18 of the
    EricW> Linux Kernel for the 405GP Walnut board?  I have some
    EricW> patched-up versions of 2.4.4 from Lineo and FSM that build
    EricW> perfectly.  I'd prefer to take the 'from scratch' route
    EricW> though, and start with a kernel that looks like it already
    EricW> has support for the Walnut.  If anyone has any ideas about
    EricW> what it takes to get this monster to build I'd like to hear
    EricW> them because I'm getting some really strange errors.

Are you using the linux_2_4_devel BitKeeper tree?  That's probably
your best bet, see <http://www.penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml>.

Best,
  Roland