Serial console ports on systems with no console connected.

Arun Dharankar ADharankar at ATTBI.Com
Mon Jul 22 05:10:36 EST 2002

Hello.

Thanks to all the many folks who replied directly to me and to
the list.

The conclusion for my case is that the RTS/CTS. DSR/DTR and
DCD need to be null modem'd. Working around by ignoring the
flow control  (as I mentioned in earlier port) also is workable for
me because I know which port is the console, and we dont
have a need for the other serial port for any other use.

Best regards,
-Arun.