Poor 8xx SCC Ethernet mode performence..

Jim Lin jimmlin at solomon.com.tw
Wed Jul 17 13:39:14 EST 2002

Hi :

After I change 10/100 T hub . It's speed up to 370KBps at Half duplex. 480 KBps at Full duplex in NFS envirment.
I had work follow ..

1. 10/100 HUB turn to Halt duplex because RTL 8201 not  support auto-negotiaon.
    I check our hardware component PHY Rtl 8201. It's not support  auto-negotiation when it's wired SMI .

2.enable  SCC_PMSR_FDE | SCC_PMSR_LPB  , and Tested FTP Transfer again through 10/100 T HUB at Full           duplex .  It's about 200KBps.It's collision between HUB and RTL8201..

3.enfore FTP host nic running at 10 Full duplex  mode ,  pulg cross line between  FTP host and custom board .
   It's got 470 KBps .

4. Due to custom board running in  NFS  envirment . It's cost some throughput.. now I trying test it without NFS envirment.
    If I got more  information  I will post again.

Thanks and Regards