sh: tcsetpgrp: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Marius Groeger mag at sysgo.de
Fri Jul 12 23:31:57 EST 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Billalabeitia, Jose Carlos (IndSys, GEPM) wrote:

> busybox 0.51. Every time an script is executed in
> the console I get the message:
>
> 	"sh: tcsetpgrp: Inappropriate ioctl for device"

Edit the lash source. AFAIK there are 4 locations with that perror().
My memory is a little bit (well, very) fuzzy on this, but I recall
that you can safely ignore this error and comment out those perrors().

BTW, the lash shell in this version is indeed somewhat "lame". You may
want to try a more current version of BusyBox. It comes with a total
of 4 shells to choose from, some also including bourne shell control
statements.

Regards
Marius

Marius Groeger           SYSGO Real-Time Solutions GmbH     mgroeger at sysgo.de