Walnut base board PCI problems

Ira Weiny iweiny at acm.org
Fri Jan 25 06:20:05 EST 2002

Thank you all for you help.

It turns out that the one board which was working had correct strapping with
the PCI Sync clock at 33MHz.

A mix up in manufacturing allowed our other boards to be straped with a 16MHz
clock.  For those of you who don't know even if the PCI bus is in Asyncronous
mode the Sync clock must be >= to the bus speed.  In our case 33MHz.

Thanks so much for the input, it is always the simple ones which are hard to
find.

Ira Weiny
iweiny at acm.org