LinuxPPC for MPC555?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 14 23:33:50 EST 2002

In message <3C417B00.A0DCAE7 at disca.upv.es> you wrote:

> I know it's a bit strange, but we are looking for a LinuxPPC port for
> the Motorola MPC555.
>
> Does anyone know where can we find this port, or if it can be easily
> done?

The MPC555 has no MMU, so LinuxPPC cannot be ported to it.

You might check out uClinux which  works  on  MMU-less  systems,  but
AFAIK there has been only some talk of a uClinux port for the MPC555,
but  I  haven't  seen  any  indication  that anybody actually started
working on it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A supercomputer is a machine that runs an endless loop in 2 seconds.