MVME5100 boot from flash

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Dec 20 02:49:11 EST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:03:03AM +0100, Stefano Coluccini wrote:

>   I have a MVME5100 and i can use Linux on it booting from the network, now
> I'm trrying to boot from flash but without success. I have thought to simply
> put the image that is good for the network boot in the flash bank with
> pflash, but it doesn't work. Anyone knows what i have to do or where i can
> found documentation about this topic ?

What .config are you using to generate a working kernel for this
machine?  IIRC, CONFIG_ALL_PPC won't generate a flash-bootable image by
default (look at arch/ppc/boot/simple/Makefile if you need to use this,
and not CONFIG_MVME5100), but CONFIG_MVME5100 will generate a
'zImage.bugboot' which can be put into flash and booted.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/