QMC driver for 860?

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Tue Dec 3 02:09:32 EST 2002

> OK
>
> You asked for it ;).
>
> The file netvia_tsa.c is the actual QMC + stuff driver.
> The file netvia_bri.c is an example driver.
> The header files are the QMC definitions.
>
> Linux kernel version is 2.4.20.
>
> Don't hesitate to ask for any explanations.
>
> Pantelis

Thanks a lot!

I have just browsed the driver and I noticed that there is room for performance
improvements in netvia_tsa.c w.r.t memcpy(). You can avoid the memcpy() call
for received packets by using invalidate_dcache_range(). I did this for
the 8xx_io/enet.c driver a few weeks ago(it's not in BK yet).

See http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200210/msg00317.html
and
http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200210/msg00272.html

   Jocke