PCMCIA on an MPC860

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Fri Aug 23 19:32:20 EST 2002

I've not used the driver together with a 2.4 kernel,
so I'm not sure how well modules from pcmcia-cs plays
with pcmcia stuff in the kernel.

Linux-2.4.19 has a version of the driver that
Matthew Locke modified and bugfixed. Maybe that one
works better with 2.4 kernels.

What happens if you decode the OOPS?

To get symbols, use the file System.map from
the kernel together with the map generated by
"insmod -m".
Or use /proc/ksysms from the running system.

"cardctl ident" and "cardctl status" only reads
the CIS and checks the pin status. (Correct me
if I remember wrong).

I think it will be the ide-driver that starts
accessing the IO-space. Maybe that doesn't work.

/ Magnus