cygwin and embedded linux

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Thu Aug 22 21:00:21 EST 2002

> Are there others in this situation and how have they chosen to solve it?

Vmware could be one way to solve it. Good if you want to develop and
test
device drivers.

Or use separate Linux boxes and use a X server to connect to them.
There are commercial X servers for Windows like X-Win32 and it should
also be possible to use Xfree86 on Windows for free. Both work great.

That way you can stay on Windows for a while, use the X-Server to access
the Linux box (and other boxes that supports X), and then maybe later
switch to a Linux-only solution.

Another way to solve it would be to switch to Linux and use VNC to
connect
to your Windows boxes. I'm not sure how well this works out, though.

/ magnus