looking for source files for MPC8xx --- help me~~~

Sangmoon Kim dogoil at etinsys.com
Tue Apr 30 12:39:56 EST 2002

Hi,

> 1. Could you tell me how to find the sources ??
>
> and I read a following message in mailling web site ( http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200003/msg00077.html )
> I go to the http://www.mvista.com site , but I can't anyting source

Montavista's Hardhat Linux is not available on internet any more. If you're gonna make a ramdisk or nfs root for linux root file system. I think Wolfgang denk's CDK and SELF is a good starting point. You can find them at...
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/

> 2. and I found some source for bash-xxx.tar.gz ..etc  from gnu.org
> when I complile the sources using powerpc-linux compiler  ( gcc-2.95 , glibc-2.2.3 )
> it's giving error  that
>
> checking  whetehr setvbuf argument are reserved... configure: error cannot run test program while cross compiling
>

> I was compiled following option
> #./configure --host=poweprc-linux --build=i386-linux
>
> what's problem?? I'm not understanding.....

I encountered the same error before. I don't think bash support cross compiling.
Good Luck
- Sangmoon Kim -