Does anyone port m8xx_pcmcia driver to Linux Kernel successfully?

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Fri Apr 19 06:32:38 EST 2002

Sven Boehringer wrote:

> > We have done it. There shouldn't be much to do provided you have the
> > PCMCIA interface connected correctly.
> >
> > There was a mistake in the Motorola manual on the MPC850. It involved
> > two lines having to be swapped.
>
> That sounds interesting, can you please tell me which lines? Cause I'm
> right on the way to
> do such a interface...
>
> And a little bit OT, but how do you implement the BCSR's? I looked for
> the (ABEL)-Source which is provided with the Manual
> (MPC8xxFADSMENGUM.pdf) but i found no good tool to extract the needed
> pins...
>
> Any help would be very pleasant,
>
> Regards
>         Sven Boehringer

Hi Sven,

	We were told that the RESET_B and the POE_B needed to be
swapped. Somewhere motorola has an app note on it.

Looking at the MPC850UM.PDF that I downloaded today they have corrected
the error. Our printed manual has the mistake.

RESET_B is connected to OP3
POE_B is connected to OP2

I can't find the register you are reffering to (BCSR). Could you spell
it
out?

Hope this helps.

  If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com