unresolved symbol

Shoudong XU Shoudong.XU at cern.ch
Tue Sep 25 01:24:55 EST 2001

Hi,all.

    I'm running a Spruce board with NFS mode(load kernel image by tftp, then mount nfs as it's root file system), but When attempting to insert a module manually(/sbin/insmod xx.o), I get messages like:
    xx.o    unresolved symbol     unregister_chrdev
    xx.o    unresolved symbol     register_chrdev
    xx.o    unresolved symbol     __get_free_pages
    xx.o    unresolved symbol     printk

    And all those symbols are present in /boot/System.map, it seems this file is useless.

    Could you give me some advice?

Thanks

Shoudong

 Shoudong XU             Email:  Shoudong.Xu at cern.ch
 CERN, EP Division       Tel:    +41.22.767-8113
 CH-1211 GENEVE 23       Fax:    +41.22.767-7793
 SUISSE/SWITZERLAND