Can not boot linux-2.4.4 using ppcboot-1.0.4

g.ramakrishna at exgate.tek.com g.ramakrishna at exgate.tek.com
Mon Sep 24 23:14:53 EST 2001

Hi Wolfgang,

I had already changed the board info in the kernel according to
include/ppcboot.h
of ppcboot-1.0.4. It still fails to start the kernel. It stops at "rfi"
instruction in "turn_on_mmu" in the file "arch/ppc/kernel/head_8xx.S"

	turn_on_mmu:
      	  mfmsr   r0
	        ori     r0,r0,MSR_DR|MSR_IR
      	  mtspr   SRR1,r0
	        lis     r0,start_here at h
      	  ori     r0,r0,start_here at l
	        mtspr   SRR0,r0
      	  SYNC
	        rfi                             /* enables MMU */

I had earlier tried booting the 2.2.13 kernel. It had booted successfully
by just changing the board info.
I am using the same IMMR value in both ppcboot and the linux kernel. Will
this give
some problems ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramakrishna, G