ppc405 enet changes (fwd)

acmay at acmay.homeip.net acmay at acmay.homeip.net
Thu Sep 6 02:09:53 EST 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 07:12:59AM -0700, jpeters at mvista.com wrote:
> It is probably time for some more clean up in it.  Remember that the
> people who are responding to you have been working at this level
> for a long time.  They have the say (or at least some of it) because
> they have shown they know what they are doing.  It you get
> defensive and make statements like you did below you will drive
> people away.

You have noticed that you are defending yourself. You should also
notice that having to send a lot of emails to get a patch in would have
tendency to prevent people from even bothering to send patches.

The focus should be on the code, listing your work history is
not a good defense of the code that is there.

We can include a "Thank You for getting things working in bad
conditions" with the patch if it makes it go in any smoother.

If you read the lkml for any amount of time you will notice
that resends, follow-ups, insults, and bruised egos are all
part of the game of getting a patch in.