HOWTO: Creating a root file system < 32 MB

Navin Boppuri navin.boppuri at newisys.com
Sat Sep 1 00:35:28 EST 2001

I agree with Wolfgang on this. Look at Linux BootDisk HOWTO doc. There
is a striaght forward approach to creating a ext2 file system from
scratch. They also talk about small tricks you can do to cut down on the
size of the file system. The target file system from Mvista is just a
collection of all the binaries and libraries for the 8xx. You dont need
to start from this target, you may just copy the bins and libs into your
own small file system.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO/buildroot.html

Navin.