Linux on an NCD X Terminal?

Hans Johnson hjohnson at sfu.ca
Tue Oct 30 10:22:14 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has attempted a port of PPC Linux to the NCD
EXplora X Terminals? I just picked one up cheap ($10) and upon opening
it up, discovered that it seems to be constructed out of essentially
standard components.

it has a PPC 403GCX CPU, an S3 Trio64 video chipset, an AMD PCNet fast
ethernet chipset, and a National Semiconductor I/O controller.  I'm not
sure what it has for a PCMCIA controller, but it does have a slot.

Anyway, just curious if has attempted this before. I think this could be
a really neat little box, if it had an operating system. :)

Peace,

Hans