About ppp and pppoe in linux 2.4.2

Dross Zhou zjuzhou at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Oct 22 21:35:43 EST 2001

hello all,

These questions puzzle me for many days.

   In HardHat2.0,there is ppp and pppoe config in
kernel source.I recompile linux kernel with these
config as build in mode.How can i use these new
configs .In normal linux such as Red hat,there is pppd
and chat tools,but i could't find them in hardhat.How
to implement ppp connecting in new kernel? When pppoe
is builded into kernel ,how to use it? Rp_ppp packet
is used in user space,it can be used in hardhat?

thanks.

Zhou Chang
http://www.dot66.net