Using Kgdb...

Pedro Parrilla pparrilla at prodys.net
Thu Oct 11 02:01:58 EST 2001

    Hello, first of all, I am using a MBX860 board, with a Motorola
MPC860 processor, and I am debugging a 2.4.7 Kernel with KGDB on this
target from my Intel PC host with DDD via serial line. I'd like to load
a module of mine, and I have to stop Kernel execution from DDD, so I can
load symbols from my module with 'add-symbol-file', but I think that you
have to set a breakpoint to stop the Kernel, you can't use INTERRUPT
(^C)...
    Could anyone tell me how to stop execution of a Kernel with Kgdb
whenever you want, with remote debugging, without having to set a
breakpoint?

--
Pedro Parrilla Jimena           Prodys.S.L
Embedded systems programming    Trigo,54