BK to CVS? + MDIO

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 8 23:06:26 EST 2001

In message <4.3.2.20011008074637.00c64340 at falcon.si.com> you wrote:

> For PPCBoot, I made MII serial interface routines for the EST
> (WindRiver) SBC8260 board.  This was a general purpose implementation,
> customizable for different hardware by changing the #defines that
> toggled the I/O port pins.  I also added a "mii" command that allows
> you to read and write the MII registers from the command line.  I was
> able to read and write the EnableSemi (Lucent) PHY, which is a "dongle"
> type PHY provided by EST.  This could be helpful for you for poking
> around in the PHY.  If your needs are not too complex, it may be
> sufficient to initialize the PHY and let it run autonomously.
>
> I submitted patches to Wolfgang, but it appears they have not been
> rolled into the source yet.  If you want a patch, reply to my email
> address and I'll send you one.

Sorry for the delay, but it's my first day  in  the  office  after  3
weeks  of vacation, and I'm still trying to figure out where to start
working on all the things that piled up...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
                                                 -- Bjarne Stroustrup