BK to CVS? + MDIO

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Mon Oct 8 22:01:28 EST 2001

Hi Ricardo:

For PPCBoot, I made MII serial interface routines for the EST
(WindRiver) SBC8260 board.  This was a general purpose implementation,
customizable for different hardware by changing the #defines that
toggled the I/O port pins.  I also added a "mii" command that allows
you to read and write the MII registers from the command line.  I was
able to read and write the EnableSemi (Lucent) PHY, which is a "dongle"
type PHY provided by EST.  This could be helpful for you for poking
around in the PHY.  If your needs are not too complex, it may be
sufficient to initialize the PHY and let it run autonomously.

I submitted patches to Wolfgang, but it appears they have not been
rolled into the source yet.  If you want a patch, reply to my email
address and I'll send you one.

gvb