Root login...

Prasad, Siva Siva.Prasad at smartm.com
Fri Oct 5 08:43:02 EST 2001

Hi,

I used HHL Journeyman 2.0 PPC 7xx to build ramdisk for our custom PPC 750
board. When I try to execute, it gives the login prompt. But when I type
'root' and hit enter, it gives me back login prompt again. Basically it is
not logging in.

What might be the problem that is causing this?. I tried with just "/bin/sh"
and it directly gives me the shell prompt as expected... when I put
"/sbin/init", it gives this login problem.

Any help would be great.

Am I missing any files???.
I put the following files in ramdisk...

/bin
bash cat cp date echo ls mount ping ps sh stty umount

/dev
console ram0 tty ttyS0

/sbin
fsck getty halt ifconfig init insmod lsmod modprobe reboot shutdown sulogin

/etc
fstab (with /dev/root, /dev/ram0 and /proc)
passwd
group
inittad (as is from HHL Journeyman)
rc.d (as is from HHL Journeyman)