DINK - the downloader !

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 23 00:17:13 EST 2001

Dear Sarnath,

in message <20011122122132.18969.qmail at mailweb26.rediffmail.com> you wrote:

>  I am really impatient with the way DINK downloads
> the kernel over the serial line..
>  i just want to get rid of it..
>
> Is it possible to download a "Ethernet boot"
> utility thru which I can download the kernel
> via ethernet card. Any such utilities for the
> sandpoint platform are available.. ?

Use PPCBoot.

I'm not sure how good the Sandpoint support is  at  the  moment,  but
it's  there,  and  it compiles, and some people say they actually use
it.

>  Whats "tftp" and How do I set it up ?

Trivial File Transfer Protocol.

> (no RTFMs please...)

Ummm... but this _is_ a RFTM job.

Or ask your friendly network administrator :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You may call me by my name, Wirth, or by my value, Worth.
- Nicklaus Wirth