Multi-level CPM Interrupts

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Nov 2 05:28:38 EST 2001

In message <3BE19161.8060402 at mvista.com> you wrote:

> Well, I know that other people are running RTLinux without the same
> modification, so "easy" must be a relative :-).

Running RTAI or RTLinux is one thing, registering an interrupt for  -
say - a port C pin for a RT task is a different story.

> > We need this for RTAI, and I don't see any problems with it.
>
> The problem I have is that it is a reasonable argument for exactly
> the _one_ board you have.  We have tried to do what you are asking

What makes you think so? IMHO this is  a  generic  modification  that
will work on all 8xx CPUs and all boards based on 8xx CPUs.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Do not simplify the design of a program if a way can be found to make
it complex and wonderful.