ramdisk for rpx-lite

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 1 08:21:26 EST 2001

In message <3AEDDF71.28439605 at mvista.com> you wrote:

> Kevin Fry wrote:
> >
> > I too am looking for a pre-setup ramdisk .  But I'm looking for the one
> > mentioned that exists for Monta Vista. 2.4.0 kernel.
>
> I don't know who would have mentioned such a thing, because I'm not
> aware of one.  I just install a few of the RPMs, strip the libraries,

We have an example ramdisk image on our FTP server (to be  used  with
PPCBoot, but you can strip off the 64 byte header easily:
	dd if=SIMPLE-PPCBOOT-ramdisk of=ramdisk.image.gz bs=64 skip=1
);  see ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/SIMPLE-PPCBOOT-ramdisk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
To be a winner, all you need to give is all you have.