ramdisk for rpx-lite

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue May 1 07:56:01 EST 2001

Kevin Fry wrote:

> I too am looking for a pre-setup ramdisk .  But I'm looking for the one
> mentioned that exists for Monta Vista. 2.4.0 kernel.

I don't know who would have mentioned such a thing, because I'm not
aware of one.  I just install a few of the RPMs, strip the libraries,
and copy the target directory to the ramdisk.  Minimally, you need to
install the filesystem, bash, C library, and probably termcap (for
bash).  I don't use busybox, but you can probably install that somehow
as well.

There will be lots more cooler tools available soon, but this is
the method I am using now.

	-- Dan