Image download problem with gdb and DBI

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 1 07:46:22 EST 2001

In message <20010430211516.24155.qmail at web9901.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> So the image area is not downloaded, I am assuming
> this is the cause of the error.

At least it's part of the problem. Another problem might  be  missing
hardware  initialization  and  parameter  passing.  Usually I let the
firmware initialize the box and load the linux kernel...

> What I am doing wrong??
>
> Does the image (vmlinux) should be downloaded apart
> from the bootloader?  How I told gdb or bdi2000 to

No.

> download the image area?  Is there is a common recipe

The BDI2000 understands  the  Linux  image  format.  Use  the  "load"
command  (with the telnet interface) and the "image" format type (see
section 3.2.3 Part [HOST] of the BDI2000 manual).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
                                                        - Oscar Wilde