Image download problem with gdb and DBI

Freddy Lugo wilflugo at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 07:15:16 EST 2001

Hi,

When I tried to download the kernel image it gives me
the "bad gzipped data" error, I know that this is
caused because the image is not there or the
bootloader has an invalid address.

When I perform a "load" on gdb the output is:

>Start address 0x800000 , load size 42740
>Transfer rate: 170960 bits/sec, 502 bytes/write.

So the image area is not downloaded, I am assuming
this is the cause of the error.

This are the steps I am executing:
- start gdb using arch/ppc/boot/zvmlinux
- set gdb to work with a remote target (bdi2000)
- load the program (produced the above messages)
- run the program

Other info:
custom board running on a MPC750

What I am doing wrong??

Does the image (vmlinux) should be downloaded apart
from the bootloader?  How I told gdb or bdi2000 to
download the image area?  Is there is a common recipe
for this procedure?

Thanks in advance,

Freddy Lugo