CAN device driver for TQM8xxL

Brau Gunther gunther.brau at tz-mikroelektronik.de
Tue Mar 27 17:12:18 EST 2001

Hello "Linux for PowerPC" friends!

I would like to offer you a simple CAN device driver for
TQM8xxL Minimodules which I wrote some weeks ago.

A few notes must be considered to use this software:
* So far NO Interrupts are supported!
  Because I'm a Linux beginner and I don't know how to do..
  I hope that someone will complete the code (and publish it too)!
* ..and that someone will have pleasure to extend the
  CAN device driver e.g. to a CANopen driver? (and publish it too)!
* The CAN device driver (Source: can.c/.h) and the library functions
  (Source: can_lib.c/.h) are NOT tested in detail (but sending and
  receiving work fine ;-)
  Please feel free and correct errors (and publish it too)!
* I and the company TZM make no warranty for nothing at all.

And here you can find the files (CAN.TGZ and CAN_DEMO.TGZ):
ftp://dev.linuxppc.org/incoming

Info:
The TQM8xxL Minimodules have 2 CAN controllers Intel 82527 on board.
The UPMB is used to access the CAN controllers (with CS3#).
IRQ4# is used for Interrupts (Error INT and Status Change INT).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
  (With kind regards)
      Gunther Brau

TransferZentrum Mikroelektronik