compiler warning

Cal Erickson cal_erickson at mvista.com
Thu Mar 22 04:11:10 EST 2001

Matthias,
This is a warning that the attributes for a section which
the linker creates when the link is done has had its
initial attributes changed. We at MontaVista have seen
this and we will be posting a fix with our HHL 2.0 release.
It is only a warning and will not affect the executable code.

Cal
Matthias Fuchs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not understand this compiler warning:
>
> /tmp/ccu149sf.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccu149sf.s:5: Warning: Ignoring changed section attributes for
> .modinfo
>
> It appears everytime, when I use the ppc_4xx-gcc from MontaVista.
> What does it mean ? Do I have to take care aboutit ?
>
> Matthias
>
> --
> \ Matthias Fuchs                                 \
>  \ esd electronic system design Gmbh              \
>   \ Vahrenwalder Straße 205                        \
>    \ D-30165 Hannover                               \
>     \ email: matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com      \
>      \ phone: +49-511-37298-0                         \
>       \ fax:   +49-511-37298-68                        \

Cal Erickson                 MontaVista Software Inc.
Linux Consultant             1237 E. Arques Ave.
Phone (408) 328-0304         Sunnyvale CA 94085
Fax   (408) 328-9204         web http://www.mvista.com
eCode: http://cal@work.com.ecode.com