mcpn765

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Fri Mar 16 05:36:09 EST 2001

Björn Wingman wrote:

> > I take it you're using the code in the linuxppc_2_5 right?
>
> No. I pulled the sources with
>
> bk clone bk://bitkeeper.fsmlabs.com:5005 linux_2_5
>
> as some earlier mail said, but it seems to be incomplete. Several
> directories, like kernel and mm are empty. Am I supposed to merge this
> tree with the latest 2.4-tree somehow?

No.  Sounds like you need to do a "bk pull" and "bk -r get" in your local
repository.

> Is there an FAQ somewhere that I
> haven't found?

Its very simple an no different from most other boards.

bk pull
bk -r get
edit your Makefile to run the proper tools and use the correct arch.
make mcpn765_config
make config (or whatever)
make dep clean zImage
you kernel will be in arch/ppc/boot/images/zImage.pp3

Mark