new uart on MPC8xx

August Hoerandl ahoerandl at gmx.at
Mon Jun 25 18:36:49 EST 2001

I was checking the new uart (got the kernel from
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/linux-2.4.4-2001-05-12.tar.bz2 )

I tried to use some pins on port b for handshake and it refuses to compile:
The problem is in uart.c around line 80:

#if (CONFIG_UART_DTR_CONTROL_SCC1 == PORT_B)
#define PORT_DTR1_PAR immap->im_ioport.iop_pbpar

but 8xx_immap.h reads:

typedef struct comm_proc {
        uint   cp_pbdir;

so port b is a little different from all the other ports ;-)

Has anyone got a patch to correct this ?

Thanks
Gustl

ps: is this list the right place to report such troubles ?