Advice on good disk bootloader

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Thu Jan 25 20:23:51 EST 2001

Hi,

I have ported Linux to a PPC VME board here and
am using PMON as the startup monitor.
So far I have booted through TFTP with goo success
but now I would need to start the system from disk.

The monitor can load a raw disksegment, starting
from a certain address with a certain length as an ELF-file
and run it.

Is there good advice on which diskformat to use (fdisk ?)
and on a good first stage bootloader that then would
understand the ext2fs ?

BRGDS

Dag Nygren                               email: dag at newtech.fi
Oy NewTech Ab                            phone: +358 9 8024910
Trasktorpet 3                              fax: +358 9 8024916
02360 ESBO                                 GSM: 0400-426312
FINLAND