860P FEC and fec driver from 2.3?

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Thu Jan 11 09:40:05 EST 2001

"Gessner, Matt" wrote:

> Do this work?  I've got someone here who's got the LXT970 PHY
> and the thing doesn't work with the driver from 2.3 I've got.
> Has it changed?

There have been some changes through the course of 2.3 and 2.4.
I think Wolfgang Denk finally fixed the FEC driver so it can be
use in 2.4.  Some of the software modifications were driver
interface related, and I made a couple because the MII pin
configuration changed with > Rev. C of the parts.

The 860P certainly works, I use one almost every day for some
kind of network activity.

	-- Dan