New ppcboot Questions

Micael balow micaelbalow at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jan 10 17:06:52 EST 2001

Dear sir,
  I'd like to ask you which compiler you used to
compile ppcboot-0.4.4-pre1 package in order to get a
working ppcboot.srec file.Some one advise me to use
CDK 1.2.
  But after I finished reading the manual of CDK 1.2,
I found that, CDK 1.2 is a Cross Development Kit for
Host-Target systems. What I really need is a just a
Compiling Environment, since I my goal is to make a
zImage for my PBX823 board with a MPC823 CPU on it.
  I think, you must have the experiences in compiling
the ppcboot-0.4.4-pre1 package, so I’d like to
discuss with you the error messages I met when I used
ppc_8xx-gcc as my compiler to make ppcboot.srec, which
is a rule in the “Makefile” of the top-directory of
the ppcboot-0.4.4-pre1 package:

 >No rule to make vsprinf.c needed by vsprintf.o

Judging from this message, there is three
possibilities, first, ppc_8xx-gcc can not compile
vsprinf.c; second, this file(vsprinf.c) is not a
working file; last, the way I use CDK 1.2 is wrong.
What I think about this messages is Ture or False?
What is the correct answer? Can you give me a prompt?
Detailed descriptions are welcome. Thank you very
much.

      Best Regards
                         Micael Balow

--- "Zheng, Haifei" <haifei.zheng at intel.com> 的正文:>