8260 console problems

jtm at smoothsmoothie.com jtm at smoothsmoothie.com
Fri Feb 23 07:42:53 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 02:13:00PM -0500, Dan Malek wrote:
> ...and you will have to modify arch/ppc/mbxboot/embed_config.c because
> the 8260 may not expect a boot rom to hand it a bd_info.  I don't
> remember how I left it......it may just fill in some hard coded values.

I didn't have to do it. If this is the code you were talking about:
#if 0
        /* This is actually provided by my boot rom.  I have it
         * here for those people that may load the kernel with
         * a JTAG/COP tool and not the rom monitor.
         */
        bd->bi_baudrate = 115200;
        bd->bi_intfreq = 200;
        bd->bi_busfreq = 66;
        bd->bi_cpmfreq = 66;
        bd->bi_brgfreq = 33;
        bd->bi_memsize = 16 * 1024 * 1024;
#endif

It's ifdeffed out, as you can see.

Once I fixed my problem with the bd_info struct, it worked
great.

--
Jay Monkman	    The truth knocks on the door and you say "Go away, I'm
monkman at jump.net    looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.