How does one get physical address for iorempped window?

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Fri Feb 16 04:03:00 EST 2001

Subodh Nijsure wrote:

> If I map memory window using ioremap_nocache() if I use virt_to_phys()
> should one get back the actual physical address?

Ummmm....you give ioremap_nocache() a physical address to map, so
you have to know it........Using virt_to_phys() may not give you
the proper physical address, depending upon the platform.  I'm working
on a solution for 2.5 that will work.  Currently, it is wrapped into
a heavier weight virt_to_bus/phys() but that many not be the right
place.

	-- Dan