USB support in the HardHet Linux 2.4.2 on the IBM Walnut

Adrian Cox adrian at humboldt.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 19:38:35 EST 2001

Alexander Kolesnikov wrote:

> 2.When a UHCI chip is used, the USB device connecting to it causes to the
> following error messages:
>
>     usb_control/buk_msg:timeout
>     usb.c:USB device not accepting new address = XX (error=-110)

This is most likely either an endianess problem in the UHCI controller
code, or an interrupt problem. The UHCI code in recent 2.4 kernels
(2.4.6 and onwards, I think) supports big-endian hosts. The UHCI code in
the mainstream 2.4.2 did not support big-endian hosts, and I don't think
the HardHat kernel was any different.

--
Adrian Cox   http://www.humboldt.co.uk/