SCSI PMC card

Brian Waite bwaite at cspi.com
Tue Aug 28 02:18:49 EST 2001

I have been tracing through the PCI resources for 2 days now and I have
finally gotten to the source of the hang condition. When I go off and try to
read the PCI_SUBSYSTEM_ID or the PCI_VENDOR_SUBSYSTEM_ID I hang hard. I have
been crawling back up the PCI bus scanning and I find that even if I try to
read the SUBSYSTEM_ID immediately after the card is found on the bus ie in
pci_scan_device. The system hangs. The strange thing is I can see the correct
PCI_VENDOR_ID without failure. Have you ever seen a card that does not
respond at all the the SUBSYTEM_IDs? On the PMCSPAN it is ok. I'll keep
digging in. If anyone has played with a sym53c895 SCSI card and knows some
firmware problems, please let me know.

Thanks
Brian

--