MPC8240 used as busmaster

Simbotelecan Serban sserban at optsol.ro
Fri Apr 20 01:48:20 EST 2001

Hi all,

I am currently developing the firmware for a PCI board with a MPC8240
processor. The MPC8240 will be used to transfer memory blocks between PCI
board and a PC host. We want to use the MPC8240 as a host and to transfer
memory blocks between MPC's local memory and PC's memory using MPC's DMA. I
tried to make some DMA transfers from MPC's local memory to PCI, but nothing
happened (from local to local it worked).
I didn't find anywhere sample code or a guide line about how to use MPC8240
as busmaster in a system where another host exists (which can be an Intel,
AMD, VIA or other chipset). Any help, code, suggestions, will be welcome.

Thanks in advance
Simbotelecan Serban